WINforCS is the Washington Integration Network for Computer Science. We’re a network of educators from across the state who come together three times a year with the following goals:
- Create leaders who can help to promote equitable integration of computer science (CS) and computational thinking (CT) concepts and activities, especially for underserved populations.
- Keep educators apprised of the big picture of computer science education in Washington State.
- Help educators understand how and why to use integrated CS/CT activities to enhance all curriculum areas, teach 21st century skills, and expose students to essential concepts.
- Join a professional learning community that shares fun and exciting activities, resources, and tools for use in classrooms.
Activities for this group include:
- Explore resources for integrating computer science and computational thinking instruction during hybrid/remote learning at all grade levels
- Review and understand statewide guidance for computer science instruction
- Book studies and resource reviews around CS and CT in early learning, equity and the Kapor CRCS Framework, and others
- Contribute to statewide plan for increasing access to computer science and computational thinking, especially for underrepresented populations
- Connect with community and business partners who can support computer science and computational thinking integration
Learn more and register >